Finance, Accounting and Economics Summer Schools
Please click to join our online Information Session by Zoom
April 11, 3:00 p.m.
The LMU is one of the leading universities in Europe with a tradition of over 500 years. Our summer university enjoys an outstanding reputation for the excellence of their teaching and research. The courses in the group Finance, Accounting and Economics aims to familiarize students with approaches to solve real-world financial problems. Our lectures build on current research results preparing students for a future career in consulting, corporates and the financial industry. The graduates acquire extensive expertise (e.g. Business valuation, Squeze-Out, Carve-Out, Mergers and Acquisitions), as well as business method (e.g. machine learning, data analytics) competences and profit from an international environment. This provides a solid foundation for advancing to interesting expert and management positions.
Advance your career and widen your network !
Financial Statement Analysis and Valuation (FAV)
- Target Group: Bachelor students, Master students as well as young professionals and scientists with an interest in company analysis and valuation.
- Key concepts: Financial Statement Analysis, Forecasting and Company Valuation.
- Learning objectives: Analyze and forecast a firm’s business activities. Conduct a sound fundamental equity valuation to challenge market prices of real-world companies.
Machine Learning and Data Analytics in Finance and Accounting (MDA)
- Target Group: Bachelor students, Master students as well as young professionals and scientists with an interest in machine learning and data analytics.
- Key concepts: Unsupervised Machine Learning, Supervised Machine Learning and Data Analytics.
- Learning objectives: Handle large amounts of data (quantitative and qualitative data). Cope complicated real-world financial problems (e.g. loan default risks or price and volume forecasts) using machine learning approaches.
- Content: Focus on unsupervised and supervised machine learning
- Software/Programming language: Introduction to programming language python
- Application: Clustering and Prediction, Data Analytics and Visualization in Python
International Management and Communications (IM)
- Target Group: Bachelor graduates with an interest in management practices and corporate communications.
- Key concepts: Basics of international business, Intercultural Management and Management communications.
- Learning objectives: The goals of the course are an understanding of the basics of international business and improve understanding of management communications
Big Data Analytics and Business Intelligence (EBI)
- Target Group: Bachelor students, Master students as well as young professionals and scientists with an interest in corporate finance and business intelligence.
- Key concepts: Big Data Analytics and Business Intelligence refer to a variety of methods and techniques for the analysis of large amounts of business data.
- Learning objectives: Conceptual foundations of Big Data Analytics and Business Intelligence as well as the practical application using Microsoft PowerBI.
- Content: Focus on business intelligence incl. Dashboarding
- Software/Programming language: Introduction to Microsoft Power BI
- Application: Data model creation, scenario analysis and visualization in Microsoft Power BI