The LMU is one of the leading universities in Europe with a tradition of over 500 years. Our summer university enjoys an outstanding reputation for the excellence of their teaching and research. The courses in the group Finance, Accounting and Economics aims to familiarize students with approaches to solve real-world financial problems. Our lectures build on current research results preparing students for a future career in consulting, corporates and the financial industry. The graduates acquire extensive expertise (e.g. Business valuation, Squeze-Out, Carve-Out, Mergers and Acquisitions), as well as business method (e.g. machine learning, data analytics) competences and profit from an international environment. This provides a solid foundation for advancing to interesting expert and management positions.
Advance your career and widen your network !
- Target Group: Bachelor students, Master students as well as young professionals and scientists with an interest in corporate finance and business intelligence.
- Key concepts: M&A process, Corporate Finance and Business Intelligence.
- Learning objectives: Understand the M&A process as well as the fundamentals of corporate finance. Make use of modern business intelligence tools (e.g. Power BI) to tackle a wide variety of corporate financial decisions as well as financial modelling.
- Target Group: Bachelor students, Master students as well as young professionals and scientists with an interest in company analysis and valuation.
- Key concepts: Financial Statement Analysis, Forecasting and Company Valuation.
- Learning objectives: Analyze and forecast a firm’s business activities. Conduct a sound fundamental equity valuation to challenge market prices of real-world companies.
- Target Group: Bachelor students, Master students as well as young professionals and scientists with an interest in machine learning and data analytics.
- Key concepts: Unsupervised Machine Learning, Supervised Machine Learning and Data Analytics.
- Learning objectives: Handle large amounts of data (quantitative and qualitative data). Cope complicated real-world financial problems (e.g. loan default risks or price and volume forecasts) using machine learning approaches.
- Target Group: Bachelor graduates with an interest in management practices and corporate communications.
- Key concepts: Basics of international business, Intercultural Management and Management communications.
- Learning objectives: The goals of the course are an understanding of the basics of international business and improve understanding of management communications